Embarking on a Disney adventure is a dream come true for kids and adults alike. The anticipation and excitement leading up to the trip can be just as enchanting as the experience itself. What better way to make the countdown extra special than with a DIY Disney Countdown Advent? In this blog post, we'll show you how we repurposed this Christmas advent calendar to create a Disney themed countdown.
We purchased this holiday advent from amazon
1. First we primed the advent using bullseye primer
2. Next, we used procreate on the ipad to mock up how we'd like this to look
3. Then the fun part. We painted each square to using acrylic paints, and posca paint markers.
4. We added a few gold embellishment and used thin cardboard (from the back of an notebook) to cover up the Christmas roof design. One thing we still need to ad are little number stickers for each day.
Now the fun part... What to put inside. Here's some ideas:
- A charm bracelet in one box, and different disney charms in other boxes. This shop has really cute charms - CHARM IT
- Disney Lego Minifigures
- Disney doorables
- For large prizes, do a scavenger hunt clue that leads them to where the prize (maybe a Taylor Joelle dress?) is hidden.
This was such a fun project! We hope you give it a try!
*the advent calendar is an amazon affiliate link and if purchased through that link we earn commission.